One woman's quest for greater understanding through freedom of self expression.
Advice to my Goddaughter on her 18th Birthday!
- No matter how many people tell you the fashion rules don’t apply any more—don’t wear white after Labor Day.
- If you think you are at the end of your rope — let go — give someone the opportunity to show their love and support by catching you.
- Don’t forget how beautiful and strong you are.
- Don’t spend money you don’t have. Save for what you want or you’ll become a slave to your debt.
- Laugh every day. At yourself, with others, at life’s little oddities – it will help you keep perspective.
- Don’t stop dancing until the lights go out.
- If it’s not worth working hard for, it really is not worth having.
- There almost nothing that can’t be fixed with duct tape or three-in-1 oil. If one doesn’t work, try the other.
- Men do not judge our bodies the way we do our own. They’re just grateful we have them.
- You don’t have to look cool all the time. Go ahead – do the chicken dance at weddings.
- Trust your instincts. If something doesn’t feel right you don’t have to understand exactly why at the time – just walk away from it.
- Don’t Sext – Those photos and words can come back when you least expect them.
- A broken heart will always mend with time and what you learn about yourself in the process will be worth it.
- No one is thinking about you. We’re all thinking about ourselves and thinking everyone else is thinking about us. If you remember this it makes all the bad hair days easier.
- Everyone fails. It’s all about what you do next.
- Don’t date men who call themselves Hawk, Spike or Steel. Men with real names are more likely to be real men.
- Floss daily, make sure your shoes go with your outfit, and just get out there and do!